Did you know? Only about 20% of harvested coffee beans are considered to be a premium bean of the highest quality.
- Coffee, as a world commodity, is second only to oil.
- Coffee sacks are usually made of hemp and weigh approximately 60 kilogram when they are full of green coffee beans. It takes over 600,000 beans to fill a coffee sack.
- There are 6,000+ species of the coffee plant split into 25 major types
- Two species dominate commercial production: Arabica (Coffee Arabica) and Robusta (Coffee Canephora)
- World coffee production is split 60% Arabica and 40% Robusta