Coffee Business Startup
Start a Coffee Shop Business »
Run a Coffee Shop Business »
Coffee Business Startup Costs »
Barista Training Guide »
Coffee Facts & Statistics
Coffee Facts »
Coffee Statistics »
Coffee History »
The Coffee Bean »
Coffee Economics »
About Coffee & Espresso
The Perfect Shot of Espresso »
Espresso Machine History »
A Perfect Cup of Espresso »
Coffee Freshness Tips »
Have a Cup of Coffee »
- Coffee is grown in more than 50 countries around the world; however, most of the coffee is grown along the equator!
- Two types of coffee dominate commercial production:
Arabica (Coffee Arabica) and Robusta (Coffee Canephora)
- World coffee production is split 60% Arabica and 40% Robusta
Economics of Coffee
- Coffee is the world’s most popular beverage and there are over 30 million coffee producers and individuals in developing countries.
- 90% of coffee production takes place in developing countries and rural regions and a majority of the coffee consumption takes place in the developed economies, mostly in North America, South America and Europe.
- Approximately 120 million people in developing regions are impacted by coffee agriculture and farming.
- In Brazil, over 5 million people harvest and cultivate over 3 billion coffee plants.
- Every day, over 2.5 billion cups of coffee are consumed throughout the world every day.